“Jesus’s Legacy: the church…. in spite of its flaws, the church is still God’s primary vehicle for doing God’s work in the world.” (From Martin Thielen: what’s the least I can believe and still be a Christian) or to paraphrase Joyce Meyers: if the church was perfect, I couldn’t belong. My heart believes that we can make change happen when we stay informed, and that is why I report back to the congregation. I love that we use democracy in our decision-making, even when a vote doesn’t match my beliefs. Please seek out council members for questions and comments. All church members are invited to attend our annual Church conference on Thursday Nov.17 at 7:30.
We ran out of room this in this issue of the Messenger.
Here is an article that we didn’t have room to include:
With compassion and concern, we discussed the following:
1. All financial reports including the pastor benefit package for 2020, was approved.
2. The Associate Pastor will remain a volunteer position.
3. Pastor Dave will be the Christian Education Director depending on the completion of the job description.
4. Dan Deatrich will be our choir director until Mat Levine takes this role in January following which Dan will stay on as our bells director.
5. Youth director position is open. Applicants should have resume and references when applying.
6. Suggestions on how to handle smoking and litter near the building by smokers who visit Lunch Place were given. It was decided to put up no smoking signs.
7. Congratulations were given to Amy and Noah’s Ark for the award of STARS 4.
8. Amy was asked to continue researching for a van that would meet the needs of the Ark and could also be used for Church transportation.
9. Cindy and Missions offer a variety of heartfelt invitations to serve.
10. People use technology to find church information. Thanks Beverly, for increasing Facebook output and for its attractive design. Thanks Pastor Brian, for placing in the 2020 budget a request for help in web design. Please give council members ideas for reaching out with technology.
11. Worship committee is working on a new organizational set-up including a design team.
12. Thanks to all the volunteers of Food and Friends. We are fortunate to have several who obtained ServSafe certification.
13. Personally, I’m loving the Wesleyan way of small groups. See you at Mocha Monday, Jammin with PB, Pizza with the Pastor!